Best friends, craft and lipstick!

Best friends....

At the beach. Sunshine Coast. New Tattoos .
Hair and Make Up by me!

 

I have never had just one best friend, how can we limit ourselves to one 'ultimate' friend? There are too many awesome people out there!  But I do have a small handful of people I call my best friends. They are the friends I confide in, whose I advice and opinions I truly value and actually listen to, special friends I know I can call on in one form or another when times are tough, or times are awesome, or times are just regular times.

Siobhan is one of my best friends. Perhaps the one I am closest to in many ways. We lived together for a while, like peas in a bizarre pod. A wee family made up of myself, my daughter, Siobhan and her husband. Some of my fondest life memories are from that time. I have driven thousands of kilometres to visit her since she moved away because how on earth could I not see this person who is like a piece of my own person, for more than six months at a time? Von is now in Adelaide, which is quite close comparative to her old digs in Qld. I will be there in August. I can't wait!

We share a lot. Our love of craft, of music, of feminism and of pretty things and our kids. But especially craft and feminism.

 Craft....

For my birthday Von made me a doll. A magnificent crazy doll. I have named her Angelina Jolie. Because she is magnificent and crazy too. As are myself and Siobhan. Clever clever ladies.

Picture 1. 8am with my new dolly the postman had just been. Picture 2. 9am frocked up and ready to hit the town.
Craft is something I think myself and Siobhan may be addicted to. We don't want to go to rehab though...The other day I was thinking about habits like gambling....essentially they are a creative experience involving a process and research, thought, practice and an outcome, but usually it is a negative and a downer experience. But with craft, no matter how weird or odd the outcome, it is always enjoyable and a total upper! We all have our vices, but the more we can make them for positive creation, the happier we and the world at large will be.

Angelina Jolie is the perfect example of this, she is awkward and kookie and totally bizarre, but she makes me so freaking happy!

 Lipstick....

My new favourite colour, Geradium from Lime Crime
For the first time in a long time I am wearing lipstick. My new fave is from the Lime Crime range, called Geradium and you can actually buy it on my website (of course). A fabulous neon pinky apricot. I never thought at 40 that I could get away with a colour like this, but in fact it is fabulous, it brightens my pale Celtic skin no end. I am wearing it with a neon orange blush that I bought from the Gorgeous cosmetics line at HUB and with a basic brow, black pencil eyeliner and mascara. No base. Took about 5 minutes to slap on. Not bad eh?

Lipstick, Frocks and Craft..... And new Friends.

3 comments:

  1. This is just so wonderful and touching and you look so great in that pic all dolled up... your fringe is looking really great and the hair colour is FAB... and don't get me started on that lippy... wowzer!
    I'm so glad you like Ang... Ms Jolie... i love her too... she is wild and totally 'handmade with love!'
    LOVE YOU GIRL! X X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hair has grown heaps, and is starting to look like hair instead of just effed up mess! Glad you like the colour, I wasn't so sure...I miss you crazy lady. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it looks like HAIR again... i know what you mean... you did it... pushed through the awkward growth period! MISS YOU ALL THE TIME DOLL!!! X X X

      Delete